Duonos kepimo ekspozicija
Lankytojai turi puikią galimybę susipažindi su duonos kepimo procesu, naudojamais įrankiais, sužinoti šio krašto papročius susijusius su duonos kepimu. Ekspozicija apima svarbiausius šio maisto ruošimo etapus.
- kūlimas – klojime yra plūkto molio padas, spragilai. Rudens metu galima išbandyti kūlimo procesą praktiškai.
- grūdų valymas – šiam darbui naudojamas modernizuotas prieškarinės gamybos arpas. Lankytojai gali pajusti, ką reiškia “dienos ilginimas” – arpo sukimas ranka.
- malimas – miltų gamybai demonastruoti yra net keturios “technologijos”: akmens amžiaus trinamosios girnos, rankinės sukamos girnos, piesta, šiuolaikinis plaktukinis malūnas.
- kepimas – lankytojai gali susipažinti su dviem kepimo būdais: duonos paplotėliai ant įkaitinto akmens ir duonos kepimas kaimiškoje krosnyje.
Pažintis su ūkiu
Pageidaujantiems suteikiame galimybę susipažinti su šiuolaikiniu vidutinio dydžio pienininkystės ūkiu; iš arti pamatyti pašarų gamybos ir žemės apdirbimo techniką. Galima išmėginti ūkio darbus(melžti karves, šienauti žolę, vežti šieną, pavairuoti traktorių ir kt.), paragauti šviežių ūkio produktų: pieno, duonos, sūrio, sviesto, uogų, daržovių.
The bread baking exposition
Our visitors have a great opportunity to get to know local bread making traditions, the equipment used and of course the baking process itself. Exposition is divided into:
threshing – some time ago the cob floor in the barn was also used for grain threshing. For this purpose a tool called flail was used. If you would come to visit us during the threshing season (Aug.-Oct.), then you will be welcome to try this physically challenging job.
cleaning – this job could provide you with an experience of how incredibly long one hour could be while spinning the cleaning machine’s – winnower’s wheel.
milling – there are four technologies of milling for you to see: a Stone Age edgestone, a hand-rotating quern, a mortar and of course a modern electric mill.
baking – visitors are welcome to see and participate in bread baking in two different ways: patty baking on a hot stone and solid loaves baking in a traditional country stove.
Meet the farm
If you would have such a wish, we are always happy to present and to explain of how our modern mid-sized milk farm works, to show all the machines which are used for fodder making and agriculture. You might even try some farm work: milking a cow, helping with hay making, driving a tractor, etc. And you are more than welcome to taste our natural, appetizing and very tempting production: bread, milk, sweet cheese, apples, grapes, pears, blackberries, raspberries, honey and much more!
• On arrival participants are welcome by the local baker wearing national clothes. On the way to a nearly 200 years-old house baker tells a little about the farm. Just before entering the old building participants begin to know the culture of Lithuanian bread. First, they meet a stone-aged quern, which was found in local fields while working there. Baker asks few riddles, says some Lithuanian proverbs about an ancient rural life, bread, cereals. Then he shows and asks to recognize some of cereal cultures, flour made of them. After everybody enters the old house where the small exposition is held showing some of widely used tools for rural life: quern, flail, bee farming tools, bread baking tools and others.
• Participants come to the kitchen. Here baker teaches everyone how to form the bread piece. Then people are asked to form the bread themselves which they take home later on after it is baked. All the prepared and formed mass is shooted to the old bread baking oven.
• While bread is baking everybody is invited to sit around the old hand-made wooden table to have conversations, discussions. Later participants go outside to meet closer the old farm and the modern milking farm. There are some sites and playing-fields to nicely spend your free-time.
• People come back to the kitchen. They watch how the baked bread is taken off the oven. While bread cools everybody has time to tidy up the place, prepare for the journey. And after everybody gets the tasty souvenir(their formed and baked bread) the same smilling baker says good-bye to all who enjoyed the place and his work.
Total duration of the programe is ~3 h
This is a main program, but it may vary depending on your group wishes.